Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Angels Have Tiny Wings

My babies are in the first grade. I have to type that and read it over and over because, as a mother - and most mothers reading this will agree - it never sounds cliche when you say, "Good lord, time sure flies. Where did it all go?"

Because it does. It flies. Those precious moments I tried to inhale at every opportunity when we came home from the hospital are still so fresh.

Untitled
This is my BFF Michelle and her baby, Malia. Malia is almost as tall as me now.

Untitled
One time when the girls were in Kindergarten, we went to Walmart for barstools. (Note to self: barstools from Walmart are made of cardboard and last for 2 days before collapsing, sending you crashing down on your ass. Not good.) The girls saw these bean bags and said, "Look! They're twins, too!" Pretty genius observation, wouldn't you say? Instead of matching bean bags, these were twin bean bags.

Untitled
This was last Easter. Their smiles melt me. So did those eggs, which the Rodeo kids made and hid for the girls. These were Dixie's eggs...one for Louie, and one for Libby. I think Libby probaby ate that one, too. Shell and all.

Untitled
First day of first grade. I cried all the way to work after I dropped them off, just like I do every year since 2000, when my Bug started Kindergarten. Stab me in the heart.

Untitled
Bye, Baby Mac. Have a good day... Mama loves you.

Untitled
Bye, Stevie Nicks. Please don't terrorize anyone on the first day. Except for maybe that poor soul behind you. Tell her to cut those bangs already! Can she even see where she's going? Thanks. Mama loves you, too.

Untitled One more thing...take care of each other. Your sister will always be your best friend, just like your Mama.

No comments: