Thursday, June 7, 2012

Burque Bound

I left my beloved LC earlier today for Albuquerque, for a NMPRSA conference that starts at 7:30 a.m. No one wants to be at a conference at 7:30 a.m. But I'm all for a road trip in the middle of a Thursday afternoon. Untitled I was heartbroken to see the fire scorching through the Gila National Forest that was visible from the interstate. I pulled over at Caballo to take a picture. I realize this was weird. Do you know me? I'm weird. Nice to meet you. Untitled I was also surpised to see there was water at Caballo Lake! Holy cow. The urban legend in the LC is that the lake in Caballo done did dry up. But I seen it with my own eyes...there's a little puddle in that there lake. Untitled Hello, Socorro. I waved to my friend Preston, who lives there. Untitled Well, hell-OOOO, Trader Joe's! Where have you been my whole life? I love you and I missed you. Untitled I inhaled deeply as I walked in. Hello, Lover. Untitled I can't wait to try these. My evil cousin introduced me to the addictive drug otherwise known as orange-flavored chocolate. Holy sh*t. Untitled Here's the view from my room. It's 819, in case there's a fire and you need to know where I am. I should also mention at this point that for some reason my hotel was so busy that there was no available parking. I had to park two blocks away and walk. In the dark. By myself. Let's all say a prayer for my beloved government vehicle, shall we? Thanks. Untitled This was my exciting dinner date. An empty room. Untitled Wait! I'm not alone. I have a friend :) Happy Friday, everyone.

No comments: