Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's Your Lucky Day



Two posts in one day. That's just about unheard of on this site. Look to your right, where the nice people at Blogspot keep track of how many posts I do in a year. That's right - I said year.

I was emailing some photos of my garden to my dad, and figured I might as well share it here, too. Watch out world, Kelly's feelin' frisky today.

We've planted tomatoes before, but that's about the extent of our gardening skills. And when I say "planted tomatoes', I really mean that I bought some containers of cherry tomatoes, or romas, and reaped the rewards of someone else's hard work. This year I was in an adventurous mood, so when I saw some instructions online about how to build a raised vegetable bed, I leaped at the chance to try my green thumb at gardening. I put six tomato plants in the ground, some jalapeƱos, zucchini and some herbs: rosemary, dill, cilantro and basil. Hang in there, little babies... Momma's got plans for you.

Stay tuned. The next photos will either be a razed vegetable bed (sorry, couldn't help it) or a bountiful harvest of delicious veggies.

No comments: